What you will learn
- Comprehensive information about SSI/SSDI and the disability determination process
- SOAR Critical Components of completing and submitting SSI/SSDI applications
How you will learn it
- Read articles and take “Try-It” quizzes to test your knowledge as you go.
- Complete a Practice Case SSI/SSDI Application Packet (Adult Course) or SSI Application Packet (Child Course) for a fictional applicant and submit to the SAMHSA SOAR TA Center for individualized review and feedback. We provide the progress notes, medical records, interview videos, and all the forms you need!
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who would like to learn more about SOAR and submitting SSI/SSDI applications! Enrollment in these courses is FREE!
- However, the completion of the Practice Case Application Packet is geared toward case workers who will be assisting adults and/or children with applications once they complete the course.