SOAR Webinar: Establishing an Equitable SOAR Referral System
On this webinar, held on May 24, 2022, we discussed implementing a referral process to ensure equitable access to SOAR services.
Date and Time:
The most successful SOAR programs have a strong foundation. The referral process serves as a SOAR case worker’s tool for triaging potential applicants, determining appropriate action for each referral, and following-up with other applicable services. It also helps to ensure equitable access to SOAR.
On this webinar, presenters will outline the importance of a strong referral system, introduce the tools available on the SOARWorks website, and instruct providers on how to utilize these tools to create effective and equitable referral systems. Experts from the field will also share their experiences and lessons learned from creating and implementing successful referral systems at the CoC and agency level.
What you will learn:
- Best practices for creating and incorporating a SOAR referral system and workflow.
- How to use the tools available on the SOARWorks website to create a seamless referral system
- The importance of ensuring equitable access to SOAR services.
- Amanda Starkey, MA, Project Associate II, SAMHSA SOAR TA Center, Delmar, NY
- Katie Lundy, MSW, LSW, Oncology Social Worker, Jefferson Health-Asplundh Cancer Pavilion, Willow Grove, PA
- Lyla Ordonez, SOAR Program Administrator and Texas State Team Lead, Avenue 360, Houston, TX