State Team Lead(s):
David Esposito - Statewide
Susan Day - Central & Southern Region
Phone: 217-321-2476 x3
Aaron Eldridge, Sr. - Northern Region
TA Center Liaison: Abigail Kirkman
Phone: (518) 439-7415 x5226
Description of Project
Expectations of Participation in SOAR
When completing SOAR cases, caseworkers are expected to:
- Serve as the Appointed Representative throughout the application process.
- Collect all medical records for treatment received in previous years.
- Waive any fees associated with serving as Appointed Representative or for assistance with the application process or collection of medical records.
- Write a comprehensive Medical Summary Report that highlights the applicant’s functional impairment through the document of his or her personal, medical, and work history.
- Track applications and outcomes including approval/denials and time to decision from application submission to receipt of SSA’s decision.*